チヘナ ハンシニ バンダ Chihena Hansini Banda, M.D., MCS(ECSA).
Clinical Fellow and PhD Student
- Fields of Interest
- Reconstructive microsurgery, Head and Neck Reconstruction, Hand Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Lymphedema treatment, Pediatric Plastic surgery, Microtia, Burn reconstruction, Treatment of scars and Keloid
I am a specialist registrar in plastic and reconstructive surgery from Ndola, Zambia where I spent several years working in the surgery department at the children’s hospital. During this time, I saw many children suffer life changing deformities caused by burn injuries and other soft tissue defects that inspired me to pursue a career in plastic surgery. I have a passion for pediatric plastic surgery, hand surgery, burn reconstruction and treatment of scars and keloids.
My current research is focused on developing a model for complex tissue regeneration applying neurovascular supermicrosurgery techniques to enhance the local tissue environment. I am also a keen advocate for global surgery and the development of reconstructive microsurgery in sub-Saharan Africa.
PubMed Bibliography: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/1hAYRznIo8UUgH/bibliography/public/
- 2006 – 2010 Bachelor of Science Human Biology Degree with Merit, The University of Zambia
- 2006 – 2013 Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Degree, The University of Zambia
- 2016 – 2017 Membership of College of Surgeons East Central and Southern Africa
- 2013 – 2014 Resident Medical Officer at Kitwe Teaching Hospital, Kitwe, Zambia
- 2015 – 2018 Specialist Registrar, Department of Surgery, Arthur Davison Children’s Hospital, Ndola, Zambia
- 2018 Specialist Registrar, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Mie University Hospital, Tsu City, Japan
- Member, College of Surgeons East Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA)
- Associate Member, Surgical Society of Zambia (SSZ)
- Member, International Society for Burn Injuries (IBSI)
- Member, Pan African Burn Society (PABS)